Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nervous...

Well, Thursday is just around the corner and I will say that nervous doesn't really begin to describe how I'm feeling. It's been such a LONG wait for the surgery and I have been psyching myself up as much as I can. I know things will be okay, but I have to admit that the thought of how they do the surgery and a donor ligament being in my leg is scary.

The past two months have been very interesting. I've cried SO much(which seems uncontrolable sometimes) and it could be over the drop of a hat. (I am not looking for sympathy by the way, just stating a fact that most of you probably know.) I guess when you go from doing what you love to not able to do anything close to it, you go through a grieving process. Some days I'm depressed and sad that this happened. Other times I'm at ease with it. Then there are days that I'm frustrated and mad that this is going on. It's been such an emotional rollercoaster.

I just know that I'm blessed with the best family and friends to support me. It's been pretty rough being away from home and going through this. People have told me that I'm such a strong person. I don't know if I am as strong as people think I am. I am blessed that things aren't worse than what they are and I'm just holding on to the fact that I will be able to dance, run, jump again even if it is 6 months down the road.

Anyway, I'm rambling and I'm exausted. Just know how much you thoughts, prayers and kind words have meant over the past couple months.

I am just looking forward to Thursday night when the surgery will be over.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment