Wednesday, October 21, 2009

4 month Post-Op update!

4 months post-op and going strong!

So it has been a while since my last post and I'm happy to report that things are still going well. I started light jumping (getting no more than about 4 - 6 inches off the ground and landing on both feet) as well as "4-square jumping." This is where I use 4 floor tiles and jump front and back, side to side, around in a circle and diagonally.

I have also been doing really light jogging in place for about 2 minutes at a time. That was scary at the beginning, but it got easier once I started.

Today I had my 4 month post-op Dr visit. I was nervous for some reason before the appointment. Everything turned out to be great though. Dr is happy with my progress, my knee feels strong and sturdy and he said I'm ready to start more jumping, running and some lateral movements.

I have been having pain below my knee in my upper shin right below my bigger scar. When I asked him about it he said it was normal. There are a lot of nerves and things there that are still repairing themselves. Just takes time I guess.

I can't believe it's been 4 months since my surgery and 6 months since I have danced! Part of me says it seems like it's been forever, but it also seems like my surgery was last week!

I'm excited to see how the next few weeks play out and to start a bit more of getting back to my active lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment