Thursday, September 3, 2009

10 Weeks Post-op

10 Weeks Post Op today!

Had a dream come true and got to meet Julie Andrews (Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music, etc) last weekend. I was a bit nervous as I had to get up VERY early in the morning and wait to meet her. Didn't know how my knee would handle it, but it worked out okay because we had chairs to wait in and I didn't have to stand as long as I thought I would. It was amazing!

Well, things have been a bit frustrating the rest of the week as I have been waiting to have my new physical therapy prescription approved. Only had PT 1 time this week (suppose to have it 3 times a week), but made the most of it. 10 minutes on exercise bike, 10 minutes walking backwards on the treadmill, heel walking, wall sits, etc. My straight leg raise is SO close to being there. I just feel like my knee wants to bend everytime.

I'm just pray that my PT gets approved soon so I can start back. I have been doing exercises at home, but really like having someone there to push me or make sure everything is going okay.

First week back to work went okay. Lots of walking and my knee is not used to sitting in a chair for long peroids of time. Had a LOT of nights of swelling and being sore. Thank goodness for ice and my e-stim machine.

I sort of feel like I have been battling depression lately. Being back to work is nice, but it's really hard to be reminded everyday that I can't dance. It's also difficult as my family all lives out of state and most of my friends are always working. It's hard to feel alone when you are recovering. I'm just trying to stay up beat and know that things will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment