Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to work...

I'm officially 9 weeks post-op today!

Today was my first day back to work since my surgery. The doctor restricted me to "seated work only." Basically "seated work" at Disney means rolling silverware in napkins or making kid meal boxes. Today, I was at "Pavillion" rolling silverware in napkins for 6 hours.

Well, had a LOT of walking that I had to do and then my knee is not accustom to sitting in a chair for about 6 hours. I kept straightening it every once in a while, but it didn't help much.

Talked to my physical therapist today before work and they said that I would probably be sore so to give my knee a break from exercises for a day or 2. I did 3 days of physical therapy in a row before my doctor's appointment (so I could use all of my prescription) and so my knee was already a bit tired. Then I started work on top of that.

When I got off of work, my knee was KILLING me. Once I got home I hooked up my E-Stim machine and it helped, but I'm still pretty sore this evening. Ice is my friend.

Tomorrow is my day off so I plan to kind of take it as easy as I can. I have a couple errands that need to be done, but other than that, I will be relaxing my knee. It needs it badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment